+27 (0) 51 401 3957 (Work)
+27 (0) 51 451 1875 (Home)
+27 (0) 86 555 0350 (Fax)
Cell: 082 882 9777
Dr Wilhelm T. (Wim) Nell is director of the Centre for Agricultural Management in the Department of Agricultural Economics at the University of the Free State, South Africa.He specialises in strategic agricultural management, precision agriculture, technology transfer. He is also an agricultural management consultant who has made approximately 4 000 financial viability studies with a strategic focus on farms over the past 28 years.
Born in 1950 on a farm in the Ottosdal district
Matriculated in 1969 at the Gimnasium High School, Potchefstroom.
He is married to Louise and they have three sons, Louis, Kobus and Wilhelm.
- Graduated at the University of the Free State in 1975 (B. Sc. Agric.)
- B. Sc. Agric.Hons, University of Pretoria (1976)
- M.Sc.Agric., University of Pretoria (1978) (cum laude).
- Ph.D. at the University of the Free State (1998).
- Five years in the National Department of Agriculture
- Twelve years as Agricultural Manager at a commercial bank
- From January 1992 Head of the Centre for Agricultural Management, Faculty of Agriculture, University of the Free State
PRESENTATION OF SHORT COURSES
- Financial planning and management
- Strategic management in agriculture
- Short learning programmes for beginner and commercial farmers
- Feasibility studies of farms
- Farm land transactions
- Farm land valuations
- Farming systems
- Community development
- Technology transfer and adoption
+61 2 6360 3993 (Work)+61 2 6362 6946 (Home)+61 2 6361 7492 (Fax)Cell: 0438 60 3993Robert
John Napier is Director of Napier Agrifutures, a firm specialising in strategic planning for agriculture, agribusiness and family farming businesses. He is also vice president of the International Farm Management Association.Rob studies global changes in agriculture and assists leading farmers in Australia and overseas to successfully respond. He is a regular presenter at international farmer conferences. Rob Napier was brought up on a farm in Tasmania, Australia. He is married to Dee. They have one son, Andrew, who is a graduate in Law and Science with a Master’s degree in Urban Planning.Rob and Dee live on a 41 ha beef cattle and lucerne farm near Orange, New South Wales, Australia.They operate a luxury bed and breakfast accommodation business using two cottages, the main farm homestead and a converted sheep shearing shed.
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science degree from The University of Tasmania, Australia,
- Diploma in Agricultural Studies from Cambridge University, United Kingdom,
- Master of Economics degree from the University of New England, Australia.
- Two years as an extension officer with the Victorian Department of Agriculture, Australia.
- Three years as lecturer in Farm Management at Orange Agricultural College, Australia.
- Fourteen years as Principal of Orange Agricultural College, Australia.
- One year as Pro-vice Chancellor (Planning) at The University of New England, Australia.
- Nine years as Associate Professor in Farm Management, Faculty of Rural Management, The University of Sydney, Australia.
- Four years as Director, Napier Agrifutures, Orange, Australia.
- Labour productivity in agriculture.
- Leading farm management practices globally.
PRESENTATION OF SHORT COURSES
- Rabobank Executive Development Program for Primary Producers.
- Global trends in agriculture and agribusiness.
- Management strategies of leading farmers.
- Succession planning for farm families.
- Rural and regional development.
TUITION SPECIALISATION AT THE UNIVERSITY OF THE FREE STATE
- LBB344 Agricultural Management
- LBB362 Agricultural Management Seminar
- B.Agric.Hons. in Agricultural Management
- M.Agric. in Agricultural Management
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Management LEK792 Business Plans (M.Prop)